Hack a Week
Hack a Week
LEARN · DEVELOP · WIN
Hack-a-week is one of the pre-events being organized by LOCUS as a means to bring together developers, programmers and tech-enthusiasts and stimulate them to get involved in a competitive and innovative challenge. Hack-a-week aspires to become a hub to amass large number of enthusiasts coming from different disciplines working together to come up with impactful solutions in raging issues. It is a week long event in which a number of innovative participants engage in teams of collaboration to fashion out some product in forms of software development, business modeling and ambitious marketing campaign, which revolves around one of the three themes.
Categories for Hack-A-Week-2018
1. Health & Education
Health and Education is one of the most important aspects for the development of a society. It is the qualitative expansion of health and education which include enhancement of existing systems and integration of newer functions, for better opportunities and availability, and a better society. In order to foster the participation of tech-enthusiasts in the field of Health and Education, Hack-a-week has come up with this category. Hack-A-Week will explore the potentials of students on how to address numbers of issues or enhancing the existing state of Health and Education, a product or an implementable idea that can sustain for long time and will be helpful for public.
2. Games & Entertainment
Games and Entertainment contribute a large share in the current application market on all platforms. Computer, mobile and even web-based games have successfully indulged millions of users from around the globe. Further, various other digital forms of entertainment are slowly becoming an integral part of our lives. With virtually the largest target group, games and entertainment is a good platform for bringing new creative and engaging ideas out in the world. Seeing the interests of many Technical students in this fields, Hack-A-Week 2018 is providing a good platform to bring out those talents and help them by providing needed platform and support.
3.AI / Data Science
The AI / Data Science category mainly focus on Artificial Intelligence and Data Science . The participants are free to take any field but AI is compulsion. This is the first time we are experimenting by introducing this category. With this category , Hack-A-Week 2018 aims to encourage more participants to present their creativity in any fields. The selection will be made under different circumstances that will be decided later by the judges or selection team. Hack-A-Week aims to be open to all the participants for their active participation in this competition.
Advantage for participants:
- To shape ideas and passions into reality.
- To get extensive knowledge on teamwork & coordination, project development, idea implementation and the challenges therein.
- To get involved in healthy competitions among talented peers.
- To win exciting prizes.
- To bolster the culture of computer science individually and globally
- Fellowship among peer groups and tech-enthusiasts.
Day 0 (till 18th January):
- Registration of Team
- Selection of best teams in respective categories
Day 1 ( 21th January):
- Event Introduction
- Idea Pitching
- Idea Sharpening with the help of mentors.
Day 2 ( 22th January )
- Keynote Speaker session
- Business Model
- User Interface/Experience Designing
- Presentation Strategy
Day 3 ,4( 23th,24th January )
- Idea Implementation and product development remotely.
Day 5(25th January )
- Technical Mentors to guide the contestants on technical problems
Day 6( 26th January )
- Finalization of Minimum Viable Product(MVP)
Day 7 ( 27th January )
- Final Presentations
- Winner Selection and Prize Distribution
- Idea submission deadline is 18th January, 11:59 PM sharp.
- Top five teams with the best idea will be selected in each of the three categories, the selection result will be published by 19th January, 2018
- A team can register any number of ideas in any categories but at most one idea will be selected from a team.
- A representative from each of the selected team should visit LOCUS office with payment of Nepali Rs. 1,500/– by 20th January, 2018, 4 PM.
- Waiting list call will be made on 20th January, 2018 by 8 PM sharp.
- Payment will not be refundable.
- The members of the organizing team aren’t allowed to participate.
Lunch will be provided during the program session.